Bray Wyatt finally returned to Monday Night RAW this past week. He appeared after a match between Samoa Joe and Finn Balor. Wyatt proceeded to attack Balor, nailing him with his Sister Abigail finisher.

He returned in the creepy mask that has become so popular thanks to the Firefly Fun House segments.

Speaking on SiriusXM’s Busted Open Radio, Bully Ray offered some advice to help Wyatt’s latest iteration achieve longevity in WWE.

“The key to this working and having longevity is going to be Bray Wyatt and his willingness to protect the character and every last thing the character does,” he said. “The same way the Undertaker protected the Undertaker. You have to. This is a special character that cannot be overexposed, it can not be allowed to get burnt out. If you pick and choose your spots with Bray Wyatt, just like they did on Monday night, you will have something special.”

Bully Ray continued this juxtaposition between The Fiend character and The Undertaker:

“If I’m Bray Wyatt, I’m looking at a couple of the hurdles that the Undertaker had to get over with that character, that is very similar to the Fiend character, and I’m going to try and avoid those hurdles and pitfalls right now. I want to keep myself special at every turn, that’s what Bray needs to do with his entire act. Nothing can be prostituted, nothing can be given away, nothing should be done with the Fiend that is a throwaway and really didn’t matter. Everything has to mean something, and that’s how you protect it and get longevity out of that.”

Bully Ray compared the Fiend to Doink The Clown if he had been turned up to the “millionth level.”

He then stated that the key to the Fiend’s success is in not allowing it to become stale.

Ray argued the way to combat that risk is to use the character sparingly, and that WWE needs to trust Bray to make the right decisions for the character.