Roman Reigns returned from a second bout of leukemia earlier this year. He initially left the company to deal with his unfortunate illness in October 2018.

Since then, he has firmly re-established himself as one of WWE’s main event Superstars.

Speaking with Pensacola News Journal, Reigns reflected on his journey back into the ring and how he is feeling physically since coming back to in-ring action.

“I feel really good,” Reigns shared. “It’s nice to just have a greater perspective of everything and not just necessarily worrying about getting everything done. When you’re in a position like I’ve been in for a while, you’re just trying to look out for everybody and make sure your family’s all good. Sometimes you can lose track of yourself, sometimes you can put yourself on the back burner.”

He admits that he couldn’t have asked for a better reception from the WWE Universe upon his return. Reigns confesses that he was struggling at the time, and commented “that type of love, those type of positive vibes being sent my way” had an effect on him.

Although he has since found his feet once again, Reigns said that his return saw him with “training wheels” attached.

“I feel really good right now, but, yeah man, there was definitely that transition getting back, just before [WrestleMania]. And I think that’s why you saw me kind of leaning on The Shield at the time, in that very first match back. I mean, it’s live out there, anything can happen, so they just wanted to make sure to kind of keep the training wheels on me for that match, and I was gliding in there. I felt really good with the role I was playing.”

By the time he faced Drew McIntyre at WrestleMania 35, Reigns says that he felt like his old self again. He added that, over the past few months, he’s been able to hone and take his time in getting rooted with his routine. A routine that has seen him once again ascend the ranks of WWE’s roster into the main event.

Reigns recently tagged with The Undertaker at Extreme Rules. The two defeated the team of Shane McMahon and Drew McIntyre.