Former WWE Women’s Champion Mickie James continues to speak out on the recent injury that has put her on the sidelines.

James underwent surgery for a torn ACL on Tuesday at the Andrews Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center in Birmingham, Alabama with the expected return timeline to be 7 to 9 months, which gives the timetable of before for WrestleMania 36 next year.

Her official website released an interview with where she commented on the injury as well as what she plans to do while sidelined.

“From the very moment of impact, I knew something was wrong. I hoped against all odds that it wasn’t a serious injury, but it was that bad. I don’t fault Carmella. She has always been a professional. I’ve been very lucky to avoid major injuries in the past; but eventually, everyone’s luck runs out in the ring. After 20 years, I guess mine did.”

Back in June, James lost to Carmella in a singles match in Waco, TX at the Extraco Events Center. While away from in-ring action, James plans to continue her country music career as well as interact with fans.

“You’re going to see me doing things I haven’t been able to do in ages. We’re talking fan expos and conventions, more music performances and, of course, appearances with WWE.”