CM Punk will be taking part in the Starrcast III convention scheduled for Chicago at the end of the summer. Punk’s participation in a wrestling-themed convention has garnered strong reactions from fans. Punk himself recently responded to a fan’s comment that he was “trolling” wrestling fans by agreeing to appear at Starrcast.

Nobody is trolling anyone. Making an appearance. Taking pics with fans. Come if you’re interested. Stay away if you’re not. Simple.

— CM Puck? (@CMPunk) July 20, 2019

Punk then responded to a fan who claimed AEW & Punk have reached an agreement for him to return to the ring.

None of this is true and I’m blocking you.

— CM Puck? (@CMPunk) July 20, 2019

Punk was interviewed by SI.com following the announcement that he would be at the Starrcast convention in August.

“I do about one signing a year and the best part is always finding out how you’ve touched people’s lives in a meaningful way,” Punk said during the interview. “A lot of it can be heavy; helped someone get clean, helped somehow with the loss of a loved one. I am always touched to know the private intimate stories people have.”

“We wanted to bring something unique and that hasn’t been done before at Starrcast,”
said Conrad Thompson regarding Punk’s inclusion in the convention. “I’ve always wanted to have Punk at Starrcast but the timing was never right, and I’m really excited that the stars have aligned for this August.”