Former WWE Superstar Batista was a recent guest on Live With Kelly and Ryan this past week. He appeared in order to discuss the blockbusters he is starring in this summer including the recently released Stuber.

During the interview, Batista admitted to obsessing over his interests. This character trait is what would eventually tempt him from pro wrestling into the world of acting.

“I become obsessed with things, and then I just pursue them until I become obsessed with other things,” Batista confessed. “I actually wasn’t [into wrestling] at first. I actually got into it because I was broke and I was looking for a way to make money.

“And so I went to a tryout, and they told me that I was horrible, and to leave, and never come back, and I’d never be a professional wrestler. I needed that. That just made me mad, so it made me want to pursue it, and then I just became obsessed with it.”

Batista returned for one last match against Triple H at this year’s WrestleMania 35 event in New Jersey, where he lost to his long-time friend and rival. The next night, Batista would announce his retirement from the world of pro wrestling.