RAW Superstar Lacey Evans has shared a personal story detailing issues she went through prior to her WWE career.

Having suffered from gestational diabetes, and at one point weighing 210 pounds, Lacey wrote that she wants to ensure she remains healthy and happy going forward, setting the best example for her daughter.

She wrote the following:

“I had gestational diabetes and was 210lbs after I had my daughter. I wanted so badly to make sure I was healthy, happy and set the example as a mother. I wanted to be sober. Mentally strong and a motivator. I got what I wanted and continue to work for it every single day.”

Before sharing her story, Evans uploaded an image that said “I don’t hide my scars. They are proof that I showed up for life. And fought.”

She accompanied that post with a quote from British author Chris Cleave’s book, Little Bee:

“In a few breaths’ time I will speak some sad words to you. But you must hear them the same way we have agreed to see scars now. Sad words are just another beauty. A sad story means, this storyteller is alive.”

Lacey Evans has been a frequent challenger for Becky Lynch’s RAW Women’s Championship. She recently competed in a losing effort, teaming with Baron Corbin against Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch at Extreme Rules.