Following Jon Moxley’s victory over Tomohiro Ishii during their G1 Climax 29 matchup, Moxley took to the mic to thank New Japan Pro Wrestling and the Japanese fans for allowing him to use their canvas to “paint ugly, gruesome works of art.”

He also compared the last few months of his WWE career as being “pretty much in a toilet bowl.”

“Thank you, Tomohiro Ishii, for sharing the ring with me tonight, you sick bastard,” Moxley began. “Let me tell you guys something: a few months ago, my career was pretty much in a toilet bowl, and then you guys welcome me over here to Japan, made me feel like part of the family, gave me this canvas on which to paint ugly, gruesome works of art. So I thank you for that.”

He continued, “Let me tell you this: nobody on this planet, nobody on this Earth, in this world, in this universe can tell me what I’m capable of, or what I can and can’t do, what I can or can’t accomplish, only I can say that! Let me tell you this, and you better damn sure believe it, because I’m gonna do it or I’m gonna die trying, get used to it. Jon Moxley is going to win the G1!”

Moxley will next face off against Los Ingobernables de Japon member Shingo Takagi. He is also scheduled to face off against Kenny Omega for All Elite Wrestling’s event, All Out, on August 31st.