On Friday night in Mexico, Konnan called out Cody Rhodes at AAA’s Conquista Total Gira event. AAA is building towards their big annual TripleMania event on August 3rd from Mexico City Arena.

Cody and MJF were on the show and lost to Daga and Taurus in tag action.

During his promo, Konnan took offense to Cody not coming to him in regards to AEW making inroads in Mexico.

“When you come to Mexico, you check in with me. You want to make any power moves? You check in with me,” Konnan began his promo.

“AAA has been running the game for 27 years. You could come sit under the learning tree instead of giving dumb one-liners and trying to bury me. And let me tell you something, if you don’t heed my advice, it will be the worst mistake you ever made since you decided to grow that goofy mustache a couple years ago.”

AAA TripleMania

Here is the lineup for this year’s TripleMania:

• Laredo Kid & the Lucha Bros vs Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks
  • Psycho Clown, Cody Rhodes, and Cain Velasquez vs Texano Jr, Taurus, and TBD
  • TLC Match for the Reina de Reinas Championship: Keyra (c) vs Lady Shani vs Taya Valkyrie vs Tessa Blanchard vs Faby Apache vs Chik Tormenta vs La Hiedra
  • El Hijo del Vikingo, Myzteziz Jr., and Golden Magicvs. El Nuevo Poder del Norte (Mocho Cota Jr., Carta Brava Jr., and Tito Santana) vs. Las Fresas Salvajes (Pimpinela Escarlata, Mamba, and Máximo)
  • Niño Hamburguesa and Big Mami (c) vs. Sammy Guevara and Scarlett Bordeaux vs. Villano III Jr.and Lady Maravilla vs. Australian Suicide and Vanilla
  • Mask vs Hair: Blue Demon Jr. vs Rey Wagner
  • La Parka vs. Pagano vs. Puma King vs. Aero Starvs. Drago vs. Averno vs. Chessman vs. Super Flyvs. Electroshock vs. Monster Clown vs. TBA