Paige responded to a fan on social media about why she is not cleared by WWE to wrestle again.

The former WWE Divas Champion and SmackDown General Manager has opened up on the difficulty of returning to in-ring action because she has spinal stenosis. You can see her response here:

Unfortunately it isn’t that easy. I have 3 screws from the prior surgery and after the accident I had in the ring after I got spinal stenosis. I wish though, I miss it everyday.

— PAIGE (@RealPaigeWWE) July 27, 2019

Her in-ring career ended when she was in a six-woman tag match back in December 2017 at a live event that needed to be called off after she took a hard kick to the back from Sasha Banks that she wasn’t ready for and it stunned her.

At the time, the belief was it was just a mild stinger, leading to her losing feeling in her extremities.

WWE pulled her from the ring and set up further testing that led to the call being made that she would not be cleared by WWE doctors to wrestle again.

It was a situation described as similar to Edge’s medical disqualification from competing in the ring. Since then, she has made a great transition from being an active wrestler to being an authority figure on weekly WWE television and now a manager.

Paige represents Asuka and Kairi Sane on SmackDown Live.