Will Ospreay’s G1 Climax 29 has not gone as he wanted it to. After winning the Best of the Super Juniors tournament earlier this year, Ospreay was coming into the tournament with a lot of momentum but a neck injury would hamper his win/loss record in the G1.

Ospreay submitted to Zack Sabre Jr. on night 11 of the tournament, dropping his record to 2-4 and mathematically eliminating him from advancing from Block A. Kazuchika Okada leads the block with a perfect 6-0 record.

Ospreay was interviewed in the back following his loss to ZSJ and commented on being mathematically eliminated from the tournament:

Despite being eliminated from the tournament, Ospreay promised to put in some great performances in his final 3 matches.

“Every bone in my f-n body feels like glass breaking right now,” said Ospreay who has been dealing with a neck injury as of late. “There’s no way mathematically I can win this thing now.”

“Still got 3 more matches left,” Ospreay continued.

“I’ll put in some stand-up performances, you watch me.”

G1 Climax 29 Updated Standings

Block A (6 matches each):

• Okada – 12
  • KENTA – 8
  • Kota Ibushi – 8
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi – 8
  • EVIL – 6
  • Lance Archer – 4
  • Will Ospreay – 4
  • Sanada – 4
  • Zack Sabre Jr. – 4
  • Bad Luck Fale – 2

Of the wrestlers not mathematically eliminated from Block A, Ibushi has the best bet of catching Okada. KENTA and Tanahashi have already dropped their round-robin match to Okada, so the champion holds the tie-breaker against both of them.

Ibushi and Okada meet on the final night of the tournament. If Ibushi wins his next two matches and Okada goes 1-1 in his next two, their match on the final night of the round-robin would be to determine who advances to the finals. Okada also has matches against Evil and Sanda left in addition to his final match against Ibushi.

Block B (5 matches each):

• Jon Moxley – 10
  • Ishii – 6
  • Juice Robinson – 6
  • Shingo Takagi – 4
  • Toru Yano – 4
  • Taichi – 4
  • Tetsuya Naito – 4
  • Jeff Cobb – 4
  • Hirooki Goto – 4
  • Jay White – 4