Kiera Hogan came out during Pride month this year and would reveal her relationship with Diamente shortly after. Hogan also recently signed a new multi-year agreement with Impact Wrestling, where she has become one of the bigger names in an increasingly stacked women’s division.

“Pride month started and I felt different about this year,” Hogan said when asked why she decided this summer’s Pride was the right time. “I recently just got out of a five-year relationship, and I had this mindset of not hiding who I am and not being afraid of who I am and just being me.”

Hogan also spoke openly during the interview about her troubles growing up.

“As a kid, I was bullied. I was given death threats,” she continued. “There was a whole situation that actually I talk about more in the new season of WOW. The struggles that I had in middle school growing up, going through that and then hiding it for so long and not being able to accept it because nobody really talked to me about it.”

Hogan also talked about feeling like she had to hide who she is but now feels inspired by advances in the LGBT community.

“So I just hid it. But now, being an adult and seeing the progression of the LGBT community, it’s all so inspiring. I became so confident in being who I am to a point where I was just like, you know what, I feel like I can share this with the world. I don’t want to hide this anymore. I feel like I can be accepted for who I am now.”

Hogan recently turned heel in Impact Wrestling. Her once fiery hair is now blue and silver and she appears to be developing some type of uneasy alliance with Madison Rayne, who also recently turned heel.

“It’s honestly great, I’m so glad to continue to be a part of the roster and to continue to be a part of the Impact family, because, honestly, that’s what it is. I honestly wouldn’t want to be anywhere else. It’s the best locker room I’ve been in.”

Hogan also said she knew when she was 16 years old that Impact is where she wanted to wrestle.

“It’s just so crazy to think about me talking about the Knockouts division when I was 16 years old, and saying how they had the best women’s wrestlers. To be a part of the division, I can actually vouch for that now. I knew in my heart that Impact was going to be my home.”

Impact Wrestling also recently signed Tenille Dashwood to a roster which already includes Tessa Blanchard, Jordynne Grace, Taya Valkyrie, Madison Rayne, Jessika Havok, Su Yung, and Rosemary.

A little while after her Instagram post, Hogan and Diamente went public with their relationship. Hogan also spoke to Out Sports about why the couple decided it was the right time to do so.

“Weeks later, me and Diamante were talking. We’d been together for a few months and we had always talked about if the time was right because this is such a big thing. Especially in the wrestling world. It’s very, very rare, especially for two women wrestlers to be together. We knew the impact that it would have on the wrestling community so we wanted it to be the right time.”