Impact World Champion Brian Cage says he experienced two big personal highs this year. Unfortunately, both of them ended up resulting in him spending the night in the Emergency Room after. He spoke to Chris Van Vliet recently about his rather unique wedding night experience.

“The two biggest moments of my life and career: marrying Melissa Santos and winning the Impact World title and both nights I spent in the E.R right after,” Cage said during the interview.

Cage won the Impact world title at Rebellion in Toronto this spring. A Spanish fly from the entrance ramp to the floor resulted in him spending the night in a Toronto hospital, however. Van Vliet then asked for clarification regarding how Cage ended up spending his wedding night in the hospital as well.

“I was off for like 5 or 6 weeks after I hurt my back,” Cage said. He would continue to say he started feeling better but his hip started to really bother him while on a tour of Australia. He would then further aggravate his hip during his “bachelor party match” for Joey Ryan’s Bar Wrestling the night before his wedding.

Cage would then say the next day was unabareable he couldn’t even move by the end of his wedding.

“I didn’t want to go to the E.R but they kept trying to make me go” Cage said. He needed to be helped to the car and then taken to the hospital where he was given morphine and anti-inflammatories to help with the pain. Cage has said he is planning a surprise to make this up to Santos.

His comments regarding his wedding night E.R visit begin around the 23 minute mark:

Cage spent some time during the interview talking about his diet as well.

“People don’t know it’s like a full-time job not only getting the food, prepping the food, then you have to eat the food,” Cage said. “It all takes quite a bit of time.”

He goes into much further detail regarding his diet beginning at about the 6-minute mark in the interview. He also talked about meeting his wife Melissa Santos at Lucha Underground, his dream matches, and more.

Cage is the current Impact World Champion but there is some concern over how a back injury will impact the future of his reign. This week on Impact Wrestling, Jimmy Jacobs visited Cage’s residence and spoke with Melissa Santos. She promised to give Jacobs more answers regarding Cage’s medical status next week.