Jimmy Jacobs is currently working as a producer in Impact Wrestling. He spoke to journalist Chris Van Vliet recently as Impact toured California this weekend. He talked about getting fired from WWE, going to rehab, and working with Impact.

On Getting Fired From WWE:

“I don’t miss that place even for a second,” Jacobs said. He was let go from WWE in the fall of 2017 after a photo surfaced of him with the members of the Elite as they “invaded” RAW.

“When I did it, I knew it might make some people upset but at that point in my life, I didn’t care,” he said in regards to taking the photo. “I wasn’t trying to not get fired anymore.”

“They did for me what I could have never have done for myself. I would have stayed there another 10 years and been miserable and hated life.”

On The List of Jericho and Festival Of Friendship:

Van Vliet talked about Jericho crediting Jacobs with coming up with the “List of Jericho.”

“The stuff with Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho, that was like the crowning stuff of my time there. Doing all that with them, coming up with the List of Jericho, whatever involvement I had in writing the Festival of Friendship. That day was like this culmination of this thing we did.”

“A lot of WWE is really fun except there is one black cloud that hangs over the place,”
Jacobs continued.

On Going To Rehab:

Jacobs talked about how going to rehab allowed him to stand back and view his life from a distance and assess it.

“I went to rehab 2 plus years ago and it gave me the distance and space to look at my life, to look at my wrestling career, my drug use and just what I was doing,” Jacobs said. “I think everyone should get to go to rehab, whether you’re a drug addict or not.”

He said the catalyst for his going to rehab was the end of a relationship which he blames on his drug-use.

“I was going through a break-up, she broke up with me because of the drug addiction and all this stuff and I was trying to get clean by myself and I was on the floor of my friend’s apartment just on my knees crying and he goes ‘what are you thinking?’ and what I was thinking was I’m going to get a 1/5 of vodka, I’m going to a strip club and find some heroin.”

What came out of his mouth, however, were the words “I think I need to go to rehab.”