Lance Storm recently announced he will be closing the doors to his Storm Wrestling Academy soon. The upcoming class beginning in September will be the last.

“I would like to thank everyone who has attended SWA. I have formed many friendships that will no doubt last the rest of my life. I hope you all enjoyed your time with me and have grown as both a wrestler and a person.”

In a statement given to the Wrestling Observer, Storm is quoted as saying: “My body is getting tired and my kids are adults now, so a moderate road schedule is acceptable. I reached out to see what my options were and got an offer I liked.”

Storm has been working backstage at Impact tapings as of late as well. His statement is below:

Storm notes that he is not done with the wrestling business in his statement. He says he will announce his future plans shortly.

“I will announce my plans for the future at a later date, but rest assured Lance Storm is not done with the wrestling industry. It is just time for me to once again redirect my life and wrestling career.”

Several notable names have trained at the Storm Wrestling Academy including Tyler Breeze, Taya Valkyrie, Tenille Dashwood, Chelsea Green, Peyton Royce, Rachael Evers/Ellering and many others.