Ethan Page is one-half of the Impact tag team champions with Josh Alexander. The North defeated LAX for the titles earlier this summer at Bash at the Brewery, an event shown exclusively on Impact’s streaming service, Impact Plus. He sat down with journalist Chris Van Vliet about his run with Impact, winning the tag titles, and being a Canadian wrestler booed in Canada.

During the interview, Page expressed that Impact’s current television deal is deterring people from watching the product at a time when it happens to be particularly good.

“I guess the lack of exposure we have with our television station right now, I won’t make you bring it up, I’ll bring it up. I think that also deters people from actually watching the show which sucks,” Page said during the interview.

“I think our TV put up against anyone right now, check it out honestly, I think it’s great,” he continued. “Whatever everybody else did before the team we have now, shouldn’t affect the guys, because most of them are gone. So why don’t you see what the new crop is putting together because we’re doing our best and it’s really good I think.”

Page was also asked during the interview what being an Impact Wrestling tag team champion means to him:

“To me, it means something different than everybody else I think. I guess in a short form, TNA was my WCW because of my age, if that makes sense. That was my alternative which got me into the Ring of Honors and stuff like that, which got me into becoming a wrestler. So TNA meant a lot to me as a fan, so I am a TNA tag champ right now, at least in my mind.”

He continued to talk about what TNA wrestlers he has been influenced by.

“I started watching just after they finished their weekly PPVs and went to their big 3-hour PPVs. So the Jeff Hardys, the Christian Cages, and then obviously when Kurt Angle came but Abyss was always one of my favorites. As an original character, I always wanted to see him go on and wrestle guys like Kane and the Undertaker. He was always having crazy matches and they were doing things that WWE at the time wasn’t doing like with the thumbtacks and barbed wire and stuff like that. They would go a step farther. I don’t know, maybe I had that blood lust but I was a huge fan of Abyss.”