The WWE Cruiserweight title will be on the line August 25th when EVOLVE 134 takes place in Chicago. The promotion announced today that multi-time IWGP Junior Heavyweight champion KUSHIDA will challenge Drew Gulak on the card.

EVOLVE announced KUSHIDA’s participation in their upcoming shows yesterday on Twitter:

Breaking News…..

NXT Superstar Kushida has been added to #EVOLVE133 on Aug. 24th in Livonia, MI and #EVOLVE134 on Aug. 25th in Chicago, IL.

Kushida will be available for Meet & Greets! His matches each night will be announced soon.https://t.co/J70u9L3Ajw for info.

— EVOLVE Wrestling (@WWNEVOLVE) August 15, 2019

The announcement led to Gulak publicly challenging KUSHIDA for a title match on the show in Chicago.

i still owe you, @kushida_0904. i'm free on the 25th. how about i bring the #cruiserweightchampionship to chicago and we can see who's truly EVOLVED…

— Drew Gulak (@DrewGulak) August 15, 2019

This will be the 7th match between the two. They have been wrestling on NXT live events in 2019 with 4 of their 6 contests having been submission matches. 2 of their matches aired on NXT programming in 2019, with KUSHIDA having won both.