Former WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Jack Swagger, has spoken about the differences between traveling the world as a WWE Superstar compared to as a mixed martial artist.

Catching up with the WINCLY podcast, Swagger, who currently competes in Bellator, admitted that when he initially left WWE in 2017, he wanted to balance pro wrestling with his MMA ambitions.

“When I left WWE in 2017, this was the plan. We could see pro wrestling really rising and becoming more popular, so it was a good opportunity to leave and do both,” said Swagger. “The MMA team has been great and have been accommodating with my schedule. We have lulls when we don’t wrestle, and we go harder and then times where I’m working on the [wrestling] shows.

“They’ve been on board the whole time and understood what I’m trying to do as no one else is doing both – pro wrestling and MMA actively. It’s an exciting time.”

When it comes to the differences between sports entertainment and the world of MMA, Swagger admitted that the toll of excessive traveling was worse as a WWE Superstar. When asked which career incurred more expenses, Swagger responded:

“Definitely WWE because they are on the road for 200-300 shows a year. So, all of the road expenses, car rentals, hotels, meals, gym memberships, bottles of water – it adds up, and then you take a big chunk out for taxes.”

In between competing for Bellator, Swagger was a part of Lucha Underground. He would win the Gift Of The Gods Championship as well as the Lucha Underground Championship during his time with the promotion.