Last night, Elias defeated Kevin Owens to advance in WWE’s King of the Ring tournament. His victory was assured thanks to the actions of his good friend, Shane McMahon.

Speaking with WWE.com after his win, Elias kept a wary eye on his surroundings, ready to defend his 24/7 Championship if need be.

Elias spoke about his new theme music, commenting on how he wrote, recorded, and brought it to WWE, sharing he was unsure whether he would release it or not.

“Big week for Elias. In fact, every week is a big week for Elias, because any time Elias is on television it’s special. […] I’ve gotta believe you’re feeling incredible right now being in the presence of Elias.”

He then moved the interview to another part of the room, not wanting to be in a position to be trapped in case anybody attempted to win his 24/7 title.

“[…] then I advanced in the King of the Ring, can you believe it? And sure, Shane McMahon might have helped out. He’s a good guy. A real good guy. He’s always got my back; I’ve always got his. What’s the problem? All I can say, is long live Elias. Long live the King. Long live King Elias.”

The King of the Ring tournament continues next week. Elias will face off against the winner of Ali vs Murphy.