Former WCW wrestler Glacier (real name Ray Lloyd) reappeared on pro wrestling fans’ radars after accompanying Cody Rhodes at All Elite Wrestling’s All In event last September.

In a recent interview with the WINCLY podcast, he shared a story about the gimmick WWE pitched to him when they were interested in bringing him to their roster back in 2000.

“When we [WCW] were bought out, [WWE] wanted me to send a tape,” Glacier recalled. “I consulted with Terry Taylor about what I should put together, and he came up with a great idea, ‘If I were you, I would pitch Ray Lloyd in a highlight reel of Glacier to show them some versatility.'”

WWE responded well to the tape. They offered him not only a contract but a gimmick they thought he would fit. Their idea would have seen Lloyd portray a state trooper, leaning into the law enforcement background he and his family have.

The character wasn’t something Lloyd wanted to do, however.

“It was just one of those things where I didn’t really wanna get that personal because in the wrestling business they have the power to do whatever they want to do. It was nothing against WWE, but it was just too personal to me to put into the wrestling business,” he admitted. “And at the end of the day, I ended up turning them down. I was tired of being on the road, and it wasn’t a great offer because they didn’t have to offer anything great at the time because they owned all of the cards.”

Having rejected WWE’s offer, Lloyd would ultimately join Dusty Rhodes to help him with his Turnbuckle promotion. He ended up working for the company for four years as Dusty Rhodes’ right-hand guy—an experience he called life-changing.