After the announcement was made official that NXT was moving to USA Network, several wrestlers reacted to the news. One of those was All Elite Wrestling wrestler Chris Jericho. He provided a sarcastic “#YoureWelcome” in a tweet claiming he was instrumental to this happening. Now, the former WWE Superstar has opened up more about his feelings regarding NXT’s move.

Speaking with SiriusXM’s Busted Open Radio, Jericho addressed WWE’s announcement. During the conversation, he confessed he doesn’t believe Vince McMahon will be able to stay away from involving himself with the show. Jericho argued that, if he does get involved, NXT will simply become another RAW or SmackDown.

“If it’s another show on the USA Network – not on FS1, and not on the WWE Network. If it’s an official, legitimate, nationwide cable show on the USA Network, do you think Vince McMahon is going to be involved in it? Of course he is!” Jericho exclaimed. “It’s Vince McMahon; he is a genius. But here’s the thing – I think the appeal of it is that it’s its own little entity outside the WWE, and when Vince McMahon gets a hold of it and gets involved with it it is going to become another SmackDown and another RAW.”

Jericho speculated that with NXT on USA Network, all three brands will begin to interact with each other, making NXT “just another WWE show.”

“[…] whatever the appeal is with NXT, whatever the specialness of it is is going to be changed to another RAW and another SmackDown,” he said. “I think if you like RAW and SmackDown then you’re going to like NXT on Wednesday nights. If you don’t, then I don’t think you’re going to like NXT on Wednesday nights because there’s no way that Vince McMahon is going to stay home and not be involved with it. That is what he does, so, great. I think it’s another 2 hours of incredible WWE programming on Wednesday nights. If you love WWE, then there’s more for you to love, and if you don’t, then I don’t think it’s going to make a difference.”

As far as Jericho is concerned, this new war between WWE and AEW was inevitable. When he signed with the promotion, he believes his decision to do so “started a war in Vince McMahon’s mind. I think he likes it, I think he thrives on it which, of course, he does because this is what he has done his whole life, and he wins every war he has been in.”

He claimed he informed AEW management that there would be impending war. Despite this, AEW EVPs The Young Bucks have shared that they are unafraid of the competition to come.