CM Punk will take part in an on-stage interview at Starrcast later this summer in Chicago. Starrcast promoter Conrad Thompson addressed Punk’s interview at the convention during a media call yesterday.

“There’s a lot people who really miss CM Punk and really identified with his character and persona and took his work personal and it was a special place in their heart and they’re super CM Punk fans and we’re glad they are and we’re glad they’re coming,” Thompson said on the call. “But at the same time they don’t want to just have the memories, they want to see him go make new ones. And I understand that but ultimately that’s up to him.”

Thompson made a point to clarify that he did not book CM Punk through AEW. He also said fans expecting Punk to appear at All Out are likely going to be disappointed.

“I want to clarify because I know that there’s lots of speculation out there this was not a piggy back booking, I did book CM Punk through AEW, he’s not going to be at All Out and anyone who has that expectation is probably going to be a little disappointed because that’s not the way my booking happened.”

“He’s in a good spot where he sort of gets to call his next shot whether that’s in or outside of wrestling and I suspect that is the main question that everyone wants to know is ‘What’s next?”

Thompson would also confirm they have chosen someone to conduct the interview with Punk but they have yet to reveal who that person is.