Former WWE Superstar Rhyno debuted on Impact Wrestling soon after his contract with WWE had ended. Turns out that he did so despite being offered a deal that was allegedly double what he was making.

Speaking with Wrestling Inc., Rhyno addressed his decision to leave WWE and his experiences with the company during his last run.

“It was a great experience with WWE; they treated me great,” he admitted. “I enjoyed wrestling with [Heath] Slater, tagging with Slater, traveling with Slater. And you know, we talked about re-signing, and they offered me more than double what I was making. Way more than double.”

He knew he was in a position to help younger talent develop but ultimately felt his services would be more beneficial to Impact Wrestling and the independent scene. When it came to re-signing with WWE, Rhyno expressed that he “just didn’t want to.”

“[…] there’s a lot of men and women there, my job is to try and help the younger talent out and try to discover guys like The Rock, the next Stone Cold, and all that. And I think I can service the wrestling business more on a level like Impact Wrestling and on the independent scene too. So it’s very important for guys that have been wrestling for so many years to help out the younger generation because the guys that came before me helped me out a lot.”

Rhyno debuted for Impact Wrestling on July 7th during the promotion’s Slammiversary event.