Ric Flair has filed to trademark the term “the Man” recently and this led to a brief online interaction between him and Becky Lynch. The current RAW Women’s Champion has been using the moniker “the Man” on merchandise and in promos and offered up the following Tweet the day the news of Flair’s trademark filing broke:

I am The Man.

— The Man (@BeckyLynchWWE) August 31, 2019

Flair, whose daughter wrestled Lynch in the main event of WrestleMania this year in a triple threat match with Ronda Rousey, responded to Lynch’s Tweet noting that “the Man” is already trademarked:

To Be The Man, You Gotta Beat THE MAN! #alreadytrademarked

— Ric Flair® (@RicFlairNatrBoy) August 31, 2019

The filing may have something to do with a song titled “the Man” which was recently released by recording artist Taylor Swift. Flair commented on the title of Swift’s single in an earlier Tweet:

I Hate To Break It To You Both @BeckyLynchWWE And @taylorswift13, But I’m THE MAN!!! And To Be THE MAN, You Gotta Beat THE MAN! WOOOOO! #theman

— Ric Flair® (@RicFlairNatrBoy) August 24, 2019

Flair was also interviewed by TMZ recently. During the interview, he credited his wife Wendy Barlow for saving his life during his most recent health scare.

“Doctors 20, her 80,” Flair said, divvying up the ratio of who helped him more. “No, 90-10. She’s responsible for all of it.”

“It’s the best I’ve been in 10 years!”
Flair would later describe his current health.