AEW Executive Vice President Cody Rhodes has given another strong indication that Tony Schiavone will be joining Jim Ross on commentary when AEW goes live on TNT in just under three weeks.

Episode 2 of the Road to AEW On TNT series went live Wednesday night. The latest installment features a profile on Sammy Guevara and Tony Schiavone conducting a sit-down interview with Cody.

Towards the end of their discussion, Cody said he had a question for Tony Schiavone. In light of Schiavone’s experience as the voice of WCW Nitro on TNT, Cody asked, “Will you be returning to the desk, and will you be calling matches with Jim Ross?”

Schiavone laughed and said, “I don’t know, you’re the boss! You tell me.” as Cody winked to the camera.

Schiavone and Jim Ross would presumably be joined by Excalibur, who has served as the lead play-by-play announcer on AEW shows thus far. “Golden Boy” Alex Mendez is also expected to be part of the team in some capacity.

During the recent AEW All Out post-show media scrum, company President Tony Khan commented on their current plans for the AEW commentary team.

“I think there’s been a huge demand for fans that want to hear Jim Ross and Tony Schiavone call wrestling together again,” he said. “And Excalibur also brings a lot of knowledge and really intelligent insight into what’s going on in the matches, and I think he’ll be a really good addition to those guys as well. So I expect we’ll mix it up for PPV and TV.”

Visit AEWTIX.com for details on how you can attend upcoming AEW TV tapings in Washington, D.C., Boston, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Charleston (WV), Charlotte, Nashville and Chicago.