On the heels of Impact Wrestling’s parent company, Anthem Sports and Entertainment, purchasing AXS TV, Don Callis and Scott D’Amore appeared on Talk is Jericho to speak about what the deal means for their company.

“I love Steven Seagal movie titles and I think our first PPV of 2020 should be ‘Hard to Kill'” Callis joked on the show.

Also during the interview, Don Callis made note of a conversation he had with an Impact employee who has been with the company since the beginning. The employee noted that the new deal with AXS gives Impact more security than they’ve ever had previously.

“One of the things that is very interesting to me was a comment made by a longtime employee here, who’s been here since the beginning, 2002,” Callis said on the show. “He said to me ‘Don, this company has never had this stability, even with the very large rights fees that came with the Spike Deal.’ He said ‘I was there for that and we were always wondering when is the shoe going to drop? When is something going to happen? Because we are totally dependent on this deal.’ He said ‘we’ve never had this kind of – not just the backing, not just the partners, we own the network, we own the platform.'”

“That for me was very telling,”
Callis continued.