Davey Boy Smith Jr. may no longer be wrestling for New Japan Pro-Wrestling, but he’s not allowing his momentum or aspirations to slow down.

Smith Jr. recently caught up with the Total Slam podcast. During their conversation, he revealed he has major championship aspirations in Major League Wrestling (MLW).

“I would like to challenge for the MLW World Title against whoever holds the title,” he stated. “I would like to thank the fans for believing in me and the majority choosing me as the future MLW World Champion, I really appreciate that. I promise you once I procure the World Championship I won’t let anybody down and I will be a fighting champion.”

Regarding a potential WWE return, he believes the door is open for him to come back. Smith Jr. used to tag with Tyson Kidd in a team named the Hart Dynasty.

“Right now, I am signed with MLW, and they’re really showcasing me good, so before I come back to WWE at some point, I would like to do some great things in my career and build my name back up in North America before I come back.”

In MLW, Smith Jr. is a part of the Hart Foundation stable alongside Brian Pillman Jr. and Teddy Hart.