Heading into Clash of Champions, Cedric Alexander was riding high in WWE. He had just pinned United States champion AJ Styles on WWE RAW from Madison Square Garden. Alexander would lose to AJ Styles on the Clash of Champions preshow, however, and was again pinned by the US champion last night on RAW in tag action.

Alexander’s push in the company was addressed following RAW by Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio.

“I was told last night that Vince McMahon wanted to bury him,” Meltzer said in relation to Alexander. “I don’t know why, why you would want to do that.”

Alexander was drafted to RAW from 205 Live during the WWE Superstar Shakeup after WrestleMania this year.

“I don’t see a good sign for him right now,” Meltzer continued.

Previous reports regarding Alexander has attributed his push to RAW Executive Director Paul Heyman. According to this report, Alexander’s push was to be a slow-build.

Alexander signed with WWE shortly after (or possibly during) the 2016 Cruiserweight Classic. He would go on to with the WWE Cruiserweight title at WrestleMania 34. Alexander would hold the title until the Super Showdown event in Australia that October when he dropped it to Buddy Murphy.