Shawn Michaels has offered his thoughts on the impending Wednesday Night Wars between NXT and AEW’s TNT television show. The two-time WWE Hall of Famer spoke about his impression of NXT when he started coaching at the WWE Performance Center as well as NXT vs AEW on an episode of the State of Combat podcast.

“I can remember coming into the NXT Performance Center three years ago and seeing what they had to offer, and telling people that this is going to be on TV someday,” Michaels recalled. “[…] with the WWE Network and how [NXT] was driving the WWE Network, you knew that it was TV-ready then. And three years later, it’s finally going to come to fruition then on the USA Network.”

He added that he is thrilled for the Superstars of NXT and that he is excited to help them in any way he can now that they have the opportunity to show the world what they are capable of.

Michaels then explained how the NXT locker room doesn’t just consider AEW competition—they consider everybody that isn’t WWE competition.

“They are going to compete with every wrestling genre that is out there as far as they are concerned. It shouldn’t be any other way,” Michaels said.

He continued, “I think everybody should be doing that, and I think the biggest winners are all of us that get to watch. Make no mistake about it – the men and women of NXT look at the entire world as their competition, and want to go out there and show everybody why they think they are the best, and why you should be watching them. And now, on Wednesday nights on USA, you are going to get that opportunity, and they’re going to let it all hang out. It’s going to be a blast, not only for them but for every wrestling fan walking God’s green earth.”

NXT makes its debut tonight on USA Network at 8 PM ET.