Kenny Omega was recently interviewed by Sportskeeda while in Singapore and spoke about the pending war on Wednesday nights between AEW and NXT. Omega was hesitant to call it a war, however, and insinuated that NXT is still just WWE’s developmental brand.

“You can call it a war if you want,” he said. “It’s like, to me, we’re in a completely different kind of business. I mean what they’re doing is different from what we’re doing. It’s weird, because it’s hard to say you’re going to war with people that I call my friends. And yet, we are going to war.”

Omega continued, “And yet, when I sit back and look at the grand picture, I’m going to war with these dudes that, if we were on the same show together, the same promotion…let’s pretend there were no borders. Let’s pretend there were no promotions. Let’s just pretend there’s just one big promotion. If these guys were in the same show as me, they’d be in the dark match. They’d be in the opening match of my main event match.”

The former IWGP Heavyweight Champion added that AEW fans will see real stars on TNT, whereas NXT offers “developmental talent.”

“You wanna call that a war, you wanna call that competition? Go ahead. Maybe it’s fun for you to do. That’s cool. But we’re different planets. And you’re going to see that right away, when you see 10000+ arenas sold out. You’re going to see smiles on fans’ faces. You’re going to see real stars. Not developmental talent but real stars appearing on your television sets, every week.”

You can watch Kenny Omega’s full comments here: