Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Angry Konnan Comments On “Puto” Chant Controversy

AEW recently released a statement to Out Sports regarding Cody participating in a “Puto” chant at AAA’s TripleMania. The chant carries a negative connotation toward homosexuals and efforts have been made by the Mexican Soccer Federation and ESPN to prevent the chant from being heard on broadcasts of international soccer.

Konnan commented on the issue recently on his “Keepin it 100” podcast.

“There was like three ‘puto” chants in New York,” Konnan said in reference to the Invading NY event. “Here’s the thing, in Mexico, there’s this big thing because when the other team, and I know you watch a lot of soccer, when the other team – they’ll start calling them, the Mexican fans we’ll go ‘heey puto!’ right? Which basically does mean gay but it’s like anything else it’s the context. So if you’re saying ‘hey man, I hate all gay guys because I can’t stand whatever,’ that’s one thing but another thing is ‘wow, that looks so gay’ which is – and they get offended when you say that.”

“So the puto chant they’re not really telling the gay ‘hey, we think you’re gay and we’re homophobes and all that, it’s just the fans having fun right? And they’ve actually had – listen to this, I don’t even know how you can enforce this – that they’re gonna fine the Mexican Federation so much amount of money every time that the fans chant ‘puto.’ So they’ll have announcements before the show ‘hey, don’t chant puto at the other people because it makes our country look bad and it’s homophobic and all this and the people still chant it.”

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

***GAME OVER!***

I dont think its a chant that needs to exist, but realistically it cant be stopped. Soccer fans are notorious for being drunk assclowns.