The Mercenary of Villain Enterprises, Flip Gordon, recently spoke with Sports Illustrated. During the interview, Gordon opened up about working with ‘The Villain’ Marty Scurll, his goals in Ring of Honor and who he’d like to wrestle in the Tokyo Dome.

“This is a chance to work with Marty, who is someone I’m really close with and someone I call a friend, and that’s been really special,” Gordon admitted. “It’s also showed me the opposite side in being a villain, which has been great. And an opportunity with the Television title would give me a chance to elevate that belt even higher. And for those who think I was ‘fired’ by Marty, I have some breaking news: I was rehired, but you need to go watch it on VETV to see more.”

When it comes to his Tokyo Dome ambitions, Gordon points to fellow ROH talent, and former ROH World Champion, Jay Lethal as his ideal opponent. He added that although he’s wrestled Lethal a few times, he’d want Lethal to be “gunning for me after I win the Television title.”

Beyond that, however, is his dream of becoming ROH World Championship: “I see myself being Ring of Honor World Champion someday. That’s something I have to accomplish. Once I set a goal, I go for it until I accomplish it.”

Flip Gordon receives his ROH TV Championship opportunity this Friday at Death Before Dishonor. He joins Tracy Williams and current champion Shane Taylor in a triple-threat match for the title.