Headshrinker Samu has been living with Stage 4 liver cancer and recently underwent a liver transplant. The surgery is said to have taken 13.5 hours and the legendary member of the Anoa’i family is said to be in pain following it. Members of the legendary Anoa’i family, including his son Lance, have been providing updates on Samu’s condition via social media.

So after about a 13 1/2 hour liver transplant surgery my dad went thru, the DR. Was very pleased how the surgery went! My dad is in tons of pain! But I personally wanted to come on here and say thank you for all the wishes and prayers! His journey to recovery is just beginning!!

— Lance Anoa'i (@lanceanoai) September 27, 2019

WOW just tears of joy! So happy to see my dad smile! They are very happy with the way he is responding! But if you know my dad, you know he is a fighter and won’t stop! I love you dad! Please help any way you can!

— Lance Anoa'i (@lanceanoai) September 28, 2019

MLW’s Court Bauer has also been providing updates on fundraising efforts to help with medical expenses.

After 13+ hours of surgery our friend @AnoaiSamu is out and recovering. I understand everything went well and now begins the road to recovery. I know times are tough for some, but if you can help Samu with the expensive recovery process, it is appreciated.

— Court Bauer (@courtbauer) September 27, 2019

The fundraising goal for the GoFundMe is listed at $25,000. So far, it has raised $11,498.00.

Donations can be made at the following link.

“I am asking for the public to help my family and to make a donation to get him through until we can see what the next phase of this cancer brings. We are all doing the best we can, and I wanted to reach out to you all and ask for any support that could be given. My dad is my hero and I only want to be able to help him in any way possible. I reach out to you all in hopes we can raise $25,000 to ensure we get a head start on my father medicine to survive in order to watch his grandchildren grow. Thank you to you all and from my family to yours, we love you all. Respectfully, Lance Anoa’i,” the GoFundMe description reads.

Samu went public with his cancer diagnosis last year after Roman Reigns revealed his leukaemia had returned.