Former WWE Star Victoria, real name Lisa Marie Varon announced her retirement from the world of pro wrestling late last month through an Instagram post.

During a recent interview with Ring The Belle, the former Women’s Champion talked about her WWE career in detail and also revealed the reason for her decision of retirement.

Lisa recalled taking a suicide dive during one of her recent matches and explained that it made her reconsider her health, leading to the decision of her retirement:

“I took a suicide dive, which I’ve never taken a suicide dive in my career. I shouldn’t have done it, but my ego man. The next day when I landed at home, I looked at my boyfriend I said, ‘I can’t do this.’ This is my last year.”

Varon went on to claim that she wanted to go out while she is still good in the ring and she wanted to stay healthy even after she got older.

Victoria made her WWE debut back in 2000 but after spending some time in the main roster, she was sent back to WWE’s then development territory Memphis Championship Wrestling.

She returned after a two-year hiatus in 2002 and went on to have a 9 years run with the company before her departure in 2009. Since then, she has wrestled for a number of well-known promotions including TNA and Ring Of Honor.

You can check out her full interview in the video below: