Kofi Kingston has issued a statement on no longer being WWE Champion.

Kingston expressed his feelings in this post that he wrote on his official Twitter account:

“Once again, I’m so overwhelmed by the outpouring of love I’ve seen on here over the last 24 hours. As a WWE Superstar, one always hopes to experience moments in this industry that have a real and positive impact on people’s lives. Judging by all of these messages, I’d say that mission’s been accomplished.

And again, without all of you and your support, none of this happens, so thank you all for letting me live out my childhood dream to the fullest. I am forever indebted to you.

I’m not sure what comes next, but I will always be so proud and honored to have been your champion… “

Kingston dropped the WWE Title to Brock Lesnar in the main event of the premiere episode of Friday Night SmackDown on FOX in Los Angeles, California at the Staples Center.

This show marked the first episode on FOX and the 20 Anniversary Show. After the contest, things got interesting when former UFC Heavyweight Champion Cain Velasquez came to the ring and attacked Lesnar.

Kingston’s reign started when he knocked off Daniel Bryan as the WWE Champion at the WWE WrestleMania 35 pay-per-view event.

This marked the first time that Kingston had held the WWE Title or a major World Title under the WWE banner for that matter.