Chris Jericho and Jon Moxley were part of the All Elite Wrestling panel at the New York Comic-Con last weekend. At the panel, various topics were discussed, and among them, the topic of WWE came up.

Jericho and Moxley talked about why they left the company and decided to join AEW. Moxley revealed that all of it was just because of crazy timing.

In a video published by Nerd News Today, Moxley detailed his journey to the new alternative wrestling promotion at the NYCC panel. He revealed that the first person that knew about his plan to exit WWE was Chris Jericho.

“I had been planning on leaving where I was before for a few months, and I actually had been talking to – I think the first guy besides my wife that even knew because I didn’t tell anybody — the only other guy that knew was Chris [Jericho],” revealed Moxley.

Which proved to be great timing for Moxley as Jericho got him in touch with Cody Rhodes who offered Moxley to join their promotion.

“It was on the phone. This was before any of this other stuff started happening and I said, ‘Dude, I’m out of here. I’m done.’ And he’s like, ‘Dude, you need to come work with us.’ And I’m like, ‘What?’ Not five minutes later probably, I get call from Cody Rhodes, and he started explaining to me all this top secret stuff they had. And I’m like, ‘Whoa.’ And here we are.”

As for Jericho, he revealed that the reason he left was because of the scripts. Jericho was tired of being handed a script and being told what to do.

“But now, as we mentioned with no scripts and all that, it gives us the chance to be the artists that we are and use the instincts that we’ve honed after doing this for years, and years, and years, and years to know how to put on a show, to know how to put on a match,” Jericho explained.

Jericho also stated that giving the wrestlers control over their character is the best practice as it would look more natural than a script written by someone else.

“Most importantly, how do you get your character across? There’s nobody in the world that knows how to play Chris Jericho better than I do, so don’t give me a f***ing script and say, ‘This is what Jericho’s going to say.”