All Elite Wrestling’s Joey Janela has opened up about his recent altercation with Big Cass at a WrestlePro event. He shared his story during a recent episode of Wrestlers On The Road Ordering Room Service on the Being the Elite YouTube channel.

‘The Bad Boy’ explained how he went outside for a smoke only to have Big Cass corner him and strike him in the head.

“I went outside for a smoke and I had said ‘Hello’ to the dude earlier and he was like, ‘Hey, what’s up?’ I go out for a smoke and he corners me and then smacks me in the head,” Janela said of Cass. “It wasn’t like a hard smack but it just caught me off guard. I’m like, ‘What the f*ck is going on here?’ Then he starts chasing me, ‘Joey, I’m’ coming to kill you!'”

He recalls how he ran through the locker room in an attempt to get away, comparing their chase to an episode of Tom & Jerry, as Cass allegedly threatened to shoot and kill him.

Promoters of the show eventually put Janela into a separate locker room, locking the doors in an attempt to protect him. Janela remembers being terrified saying, “It was like a horror movie,” as Cass attempted to open every door in his attempt to find him.

When Janela prepared for his match at WrestlePro’s equivalent to the Gorilla Position, Cass would try to attack him once again. He ended up being tackled to the ground by other wrestlers.

Despite this scary exchange, however, Janela doesn’t hold it against Big Cass. He explained how he had lost a friend because of substance abuse problems, and because of this he empathizes with Cass’ struggles.

Despite Big Cass’ repeated attempts to get at him, Janela refused to press charges, explaining that “He just didn’t know what he was doing and I felt bad…. Get him to a hospital because you know he’s dealing with something crazy.”

Big Cass’ tag team partner, Enzo Amore, recently thanked both WWE and Diamond Dallas Page for helping his friend during this difficult time.