The “Human Suplex Machine” Taz will be working the commentary booth this Wednesday in Philadelphia. Cody Rhodes announced on Twitter recently that Taz will be given a guest commentary spot on Wednesday for the matches taped for AEW Dark. Those matches will air on the October 22nd edition of the show.

Joining us as a guest broadcaster for #AEW DARK in Philadelphia…@OfficialTAZ @AEWrestling

— Cody Rhodes (@CodyRhodes) October 12, 2019

Last month, Taz noted on Twitter that he’d had recent talks with promotions about a return to the commentary booth.

“I actually miss it (doing commentary in general) very much! Btw… they’re all other places to apply that craft besides WWE,” Taz wrote. He continued, “As far as commentary, truth be told…over the past several months I have had healthy in-depth conversations with a few Pro Wrestling companies.. just not the right fit for me (and my goals) with those individual organizations at the moment….”

Taz also recently shared his thoughts on 2 and 3-person commentary booths during an interview with the WINCLY podcast:

“I’ve worked in both but I’ve always preferred a two-person booth. Everyone needs to know their role when it’s a three-person booth. There has to be a lead and you can’t step on each other or it will be a horrible listen.”