The All Elite Wrestling’s World Champion Chris Jericho announced his allegiance with the company in early 2019 and has been working there since. Before AEW though, Jericho worked in New Japan Pro Wrestling from 2017 to 2019 after leaving WWE.

Jericho had a memorable run in the Japanese wrestling promotion. His feud with Kenny Omega was the highlight of Jericho’s tenure in the East. Jericho also became the IWGP Intercontinental Champion for a total of 209 days.

Now that Jericho’s with AEW, will we ever see him back in NJPW again? Jericho answered this question while appearing on Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show.

Even though many top names from NJPW have been exiting the company to join AEW, Jericho stated that he still has the freedom to work with the company as long as the dates don’t interfere with his AEW appearances.

“I can do New Japan shows, if it doesn’t conflict with AEW. I did one earlier this year, where I had an IWGP Championship match against Kazuchika Okada. I might do some more with them. But it’s (his AEW deal) pretty much exclusive,” Jericho stated.

Jericho’s coworkers Kenny Omega has also stated in the past that he could work with NJPW in the future, and Jon Moxley also appeared several times for the promotion from May to August this year.