One of the biggest matches in recent memory is set for the upcoming WWE Crown Jewel PPV event that will see professional heavyweight boxer Tyson Fury make his pro wrestling debut.

He’ll do so when he steps into the ring with Braun Strowman. However, one person is against the match and that’s Fury’s promoter, Frank Warren.

Warren made a recent appearance on TalkSports’s Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast radio show where he talked about the contest. This is where he brought up Fury went to the Friday Night SmackDown show to watch and the next minute he’s involved in it.

Warren brought up the fact that Tyson is supposed to be taking a rest and taking it easy, but he’s decided that he wants to do a match. He added that Fury didn’t talk to him before doing the angle but rather they did afterward.

“I’d be a liar if I said I was pleased with it, I’d prefer him not to do it but he’s doing it.”

Warren stated that he’s seen WWE stars get cuts because that’s the nature of contact sports but hopes that doesn’t happen to Fury.

“I’d prefer he didn’t do it because it could jeopardize his boxing career. But he’s doing it and he’s his own man. In some ways I suppose it’s keeping him focused and keeping fit and well. It’s not like he’s a baby, he’s 30 years of age.”

Fury is slated to fight Deontay Wilder for a second time in February 2020. That is part of the reason why Warren is concerned about Fury wrestling as if he does get hurt then he could delay this rematch.

WWE presents the Crown Jewel pay-per-view event on Thursday, October 31, 2019 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.