Lio Rush is the new NXT Cruiserweight Champion. He recently defeated Drew Gulak to claim the title as his own on an episode of NXT. Rush would take to Twitter to commemorate his victory, writing:

“I’m the greatest Cruiserweight in the world right now and that’s an amazing feeling. Pound for pound. #ThatsFacts @wwenxt @usa_network @WWE @WWEPC”

Not everyone was happy with Rush’s sentiment, however.

WWE Superstar Mike Kanellis responded by telling Rush to “chill out,” explaining that there was an entire roster of worthy Cruiserweights who were grinding and working as Rush was “sitting at home for bad behavior.”

In a now deleted tweet, Kanellis wrote:

“You won 2 matches. Chill out. There’s an entire roster of Cruiserweights that we’re grinding and working their ass off for our Brand, while you were sitting at home for bad behavior. Let’s not act like you weren’t gift wrapped the cruiserweight championship.”

Rush responded with the following:

You’re right, I was home. Reflecting on my past and how i can get better. Getting back on a positive road to become a champion literally and figuratively. Spending time with my children that are actually MINE. I get your anger…trust me. Win a match 1st. Maybe we can talk later.

— NXT Cruiserweight Champion Lio Rush (@itsLioRush) October 14, 2019

Kanellis recently shared that he had formally requested his release from WWE. He released a statement on Monday explaining the reasoning behind his decision.

Back in January both he and his wife, Maria, had reportedly asked for their releases from the company. They would then sign new deals in June that ensured they would be a part of the WWE roster for another five years. At the time of writing, there is no further information as to WWE’s response to Kanellis’ request.