Additional details are available regarding Eric Bischoff’s departure from WWE. Dave Meltzer reports at F4Wonline.com that the news was “not a shock” to those familiar with Bischoff’s role in WWE.

As announced by WWE press release, Bruce Prichard has been named the new executive director of SmackDown and will report directly to WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon.

Prichard and Ed Koskey will be the main people in charge of the show going forward.

Ironically, Bischoff was brought in partially on the recommendation of Prichard. The two had been working together on the show.

It’s an unfortunate situation due to Bischoff accepting the job and moving with his wife to Stanford for the WWE job.

Wrestling journalist Tom Colohue provided these details after reaching out to a source at Fox:

I reached out to a contact in #Fox who said this about Bischoff:

"Significant promises were made that we don't feel were upheld."

The source also went on to say that there are concerns about "undisclosed personnel changes" by the #WWE.

— Tom Colohue (@Colohue) October 15, 2019

In a brief statement posted on Twitter, Eric Bischoff commented on the situation. He wrote:

“Bruce is a great producer, good friend and I am certain he is going to thrive in his position. He’s going to be working with a great team of the most dedicated and hard working people I have had the pleasure of working with and getting to know.”