Cody Rhodes posted about a nice surprise found backstage at AEW Dynamite last night. He noted on Twitter that a tribute to his father, the legendary Dusty Rhodes, was positioned in the spot backstage which is now named after him.

Cody posted the following on Twitter in regards to the tribute to his father:

What a wonderful surprise to find in the Go Position…

which is now, “The Dusty Position” featuring his authentic cowbell ?#AEW

— Cody Rhodes (@CodyRhodes) October 16, 2019

Chris Jericho’s feelings regarding Cody’s father play has played a role in the build-up to the AEW World championship match at Full Gear. Shortly after the match was announced, Jericho posted a video of him speaking poorly of Dusty.

“That son of a b*tch, promised me a lot of things that never happened. Fast-forward 25 years and now this son of a b*tch, you Cody, promised me a lot of stuff that also didn’t happen but I’ll promise you this, I don’t like you are or your family but I love being ‘le Champion’ and I’m going to beat the hell out of you and teach your entitled ass a lesson on November 9th in Baltimore, my birthday.”

“The greatest birthday present I could ever receive is beating the crap out of you, Cody. Welcome to my nightmare, I don’t think you’re going to like it. You’re welcome.”