Joe Hendry recently became the newest member of the Ring of Honor roster. In an interview with Sportskeeda Wrestling, Hendry explained why he signed with ROH and his feelings on ROH’s talent pool.

He admitted that he felt that ROH was where he needed to be, crediting his decision to a gut feeling.

“My gut was telling me, ‘This is where I need to be.’ What a lot of people don’t know is, earlier in 2016, I actually flew myself over to a Ring of Honor tryout, so when I’m doing my podcast and I’m talking to my trainees, anyone wanting to get into wrestling, I’m trying to educate them that things don’t always happen right away. You need to work away at things for years,” Hendry said.

He continued, “You look at the roster, the roster is absolutely incredible and it’s with matches that are pushing me technically every single time that I wrestle for Ring of Honor, so it makes me really feel that this is the place that gives you the best of both worlds to really push myself creatively and athletically as well.”

Hendry believes that ROH is “going to go from strength to strength” over the next few years. He’s excited to be a part of that journey, adding that the talent undeniably exists within the promotion.

“[…] the roster is absolutely unbelievable and you shouldn’t pay attention to the Internet as well because I will tell you now, the crowds are growing, they are getting bigger and, every time I go over there, I’m seeing more passion, more intensity from the fans and I think that there’s a momentum here. Ring of Honor’s going to go from strength to strength for the next few years. There’s a reason I chose to be in this company.”