Tessa Blanchard took part in an interview with Chris Van Vliet recently and discussed comparisons to her inter-gender wrestling career with the legendary Chyna’s. Van Vliet asked Tessa if she thinks she could possibly win the Impact World Championship someday and Blanchard noted something like that hasn’t been done since Chyna.

“It’s not something that’s really been done since Chyna and that wasn’t even the world title. A lot of people compare me to her, a lot,” Blanchard said. “I don’t know, I think if that were to ever happen, if that were ever to be reality, that would be another way that I can make history in my own way.”

Blanchard also spoke about her passion for inter-gender wrestling during the interview:

“It’s something that I’ve always been passionate about because I trained with the guys, that’s the way I was brought up and I feel like it’s helped my timing, my transitions, my intensity, different things like that but it was actually something (Impact) approached me with and it just worked. It was very natural, not forced, it just worked and I think that’s why I love it so much.”

She specifically addressed her matches with Sami Callihan as well.

“To have the match with Sami, I didn’t know that we were going to be the main event until the night of. They told us that night and I thought they were kidding cause they mess with us all the time, I just thought they were kidding. So, that was special for me, that was my only PPV main event so far and then for it to be an inter-gender match, it’s cool because it’s a cool time for wrestling, it shows that wrestling is evolving.”

The full interview can be viewed in the player below: