Joey Mercury is gone from Ring of Honor and there are those in the company not happy about that fact. WOH World Champion Kelly Klein has issued a statement on Twitter in regard to Mercury’s departure as has her husband and former ROH employee (now with AEW) B.J Whitmer.

We had someone, @JOEYnRetrograde, who wanted to do that and tried to do that…

I LOVE Ring of Honor and I want to make it better. I want us to be allowed to make it better.

— Kelly Klein (@RealKellyKlein) November 1, 2019

Klein is speaking up despite being afraid it could lead to repercussions for her.

I’m scared I will get in trouble for saying something in public about it.
But the reports I’ve seen are wrong.
He is the best coach I ever had. I partly stayed there so I could keep learning from him. He looked out for us and he tried to make it better.

— Kelly Klein (@RealKellyKlein) November 1, 2019

BJ Whitmer spent years working behind the scenes and in front of the camera for Ring of Honor. He signed on with AEW earlier this year, however. Whitmer posted the below Tweet to his followers on social media:

From someone that actually worked in that office with Greg Gilleland, everything Joey is saying is 100% true.

— BJ Whitmer (@BJ_Whitmer) November 1, 2019

A Twitter account believed to be associated with Joey Mercury is up online and has been mentioned in posts by Kelly Klein and others. It hasn’t been confirmed that this is actually Mercury, however, so please take that into consideration when reading the below:

The Twitter account also mentioned an incident at a show which sounds similar to the time Bully Ray confronted a fan backstage.

Remember when that deal in the Pacific Northwest went down? I’m surprised security let that fan stay and watch the rest of the show…. oh yeah… no security!… Duh… I was also disappointed a respected veteran was forced to make a judgement call- and THAT was called into ????

— mercury in retrograde (@JOEYnRetrograde) November 1, 2019