Matt and Nick Jackson, collectively known as The Young Bucks, have opened up about how instrumental Dean Malenko and All Elite Wrestling World Champion Chris Jericho have been backstage during their shows.

“It’s a team effort, but I would say Chris Jericho has definitely given the most pointers to us, individually, I would say” Nick Jackson shared during an episode of SiriusXM’s Busted Open Radio. “Because he’s been doing it for so long and he’s given us tips on how to make things work perfectly. He knows what he’s talking about. He’s so smart. I feel like he’s taught us the most with timing things.”

His brother, Matt Jackson, added “[…] I think the way to stay on top in wrestling is you never stop learning. So to have a guy like a Dean Malenko there, it’s so great to have these minds to just pick. Not even just that. Sometimes we’ll sit at the go position, and I’ll watch a guy like Dean, and I’ll watch the way that he produces the segment and I” ll listen to him. […] You just mentioned with the timing; he knows exactly when to time things.”

He continued, “Chris Jericho is the master at these things. He told Nick the other day, like, if you’ve got a 13-minute match, plan a kickass 13-minute match. Don’t worry too much about the break spots tonight. Let’s try to give them something different. […] We don’t want to fall into doing the same thing every week and fall into these patterns. We’re trying to be unpredictable still, and trying to find our sweet spot.”

The Young Bucks are scheduled to compete against Inner Circle members Santana and Ortiz at AEW’s next pay-per-view, Full Gear, on November 9.