John Cena recently spoke to Sports Illustrated to promote his upcoming movie Playing with Fire where he talked about his career in wrestling, the wrestling fanbase and more.

There was a time when Cena was feuding with the Rock back in 2011 and he had criticized the Great One for leaving WWE to join Hollywood and pursue an acting career.

However, in recent years, the Cenation Leader himself has grown to love acting and according to John, it has made him realize how he was wrong about the Rock:

“I’ve told Dwayne Johnson that when I called him out for a lack of love for WWE, I was wrong, I was ignorant. He loves WWE, but he goes from shooting one project to the next. He blazed a trail and I didn’t understand that, but now I totally understand. I was wrong.”

The 16 Time World Champion went on to explain how there is no way to be with WWE when you are filming because even if you come back to do a show on an off day, you can jeopardize the whole film by getting hurt.

Apart from this, John Cena also talked about his reduced workload since leaving WWE, how professional wrestling is an addictive industry and more.