AEW is credited by a lot of people as the company that has reignited their passion for wrestling and it appears that the wrestling legend Jim Ross is one of them.

JR talked about a number of things during the latest episode of his podcast Grillin’ JR with Jim Ross and Conrad Thompson and he also answered questions from the fans of the show.

While talking about his new position at AEW, Ross credited the president of the company Tony Khan for saving his life because he now has a direction and a destination:

“I love to travel. Tony Khan saved my life, I believe that. Because I like getting up now and going somewhere.

Every Tuesday morning I’m up at 4 or 5 o’clock at the latest to catch a plane, first flight out, boom I’m going to the city to have our production meeting on Tuesday night and then our show on Wednesday. So I got a direction now and a destination.”

It’s worth mentioning here that Ross had made similar comments when leaving WWE. After losing his wife a couple of years earlier, Jim had said that he needs to move on and stay busy after losing his best friend.

Jim Ross left WWE back in March 2019 after he chose not to re-sign with the company. In April it was announced that he has signed a multi-year contract with AEW as a commentator and senior advisor.