WWE Superstar Cesaro has stated he has no interest in returning to NXT. Speaking with Corey Graves on the After The Bell podcast, the “Swiss Superman” explained that he would rather succeed on either RAW or SmackDown.

“To me, I want to succeed on RAW and SmackDown. Would I succeed on NXT? Yes. I just want to be successful, and I want to do what I do best. You said about me being the best bell to bell. I think I’m pretty good at everything, a pretty good all-rounder,” he said.

“I know people hate the way I talk or whatever, but you only get better with practice, and at the end of the day, I feel, even if you watch NXT, those days where someone has a 15-20 minute monologue are hopefully gone. Because there needs to be conflict big enough that you don’t just talk about it for fifteen minutes, that you actually go do something or somebody else is coming to do something about it. That’s what’s interesting to me.”

When Graves countered Cesaro’s point, explaining that some fans enjoy WWE’s opening monologues, Cesaro stated:

“If they do, I really encourage them to go watch stand-up comedy or something. I feel like it needs to drive the action, it needs to drive the product, and some people can do that and some people, y’know, let’s move on, let’s have some action.”

In August, Cesaro appeared on NXT UK TakeOver: Cardiff. He competed against NXT UK Superstar Ilja Dragunov.