NXT UK Superstar Rhea Ripley has been appearing in recent weeks on WWE’s black-and-gold brand NXT. This past week’s episode saw her complete her team heading into NXT TakeOver: WarGames.

Speaking with Lilian Garcia on her podcast, Chasing Glory, Ripley talked about her “tough” attitude and how she achieves her unique look.

When asked where her abrasive attitude comes from, Ripley confessed she wasn’t entirely sure. If she had to point at anything, however, she would credit her love of heavy metal and rock.

“I don’t know really, I think if I really I have to put something, it’d be like probably the music I listen to cause I love like the heavy metal and the rock and all that stuff and it really does get me fired up,” she said. “That’s why I like to say that I have to have a really good theme song before I go out because I need that to like get into that mentality of ‘I’m gonna kill someone! Let’s go!’”

Regarding her specific look, Ripley said “I decided to wet my hair beforehand because it was just too hot because I was actually dying backstage and then I went out there, wrestled, came back I was like, ‘That was the best thing I ever done.’ So now I just do it from now on.”

Ripley joked how she’s unable to adhere to WWE’s business casual dress code, “I’m like, ‘Guys, I don’t do business casual.’ Like, if I can wear a leather jacket with studs and chains on it, that’s my business casual. I don’t even want to wear heels!”

Ultimately, however, she feels that by being true to herself, she’s been able to genuinely connect with the fans.

Ripley leads her team, consisting of herself, Candice LeRae, Tegan Nox and Mia Yim against the team of Shayna Baszler, Io Shirai, Bionca Belair and a final, unannounced member.